Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"You take a nap, get some rest...."

Well, it all began...what seems like so long ago...it was my first day going rock climbing, we went to Pawtuckaway Park in NH and came home exhausted....while poor Scott was trying to have a bit of a cat nap...I was as usual neurotically searching the Internet for a house or property to buy.  Those of you that know me, understand this is partially one of my fav hobbies, but also serving a purpose this time to find us a place to make a home together.

We had wintered in the "Big House" at Eldridge Rd., which I affectionately nicknamed, "#6" and were now living in the fun but often frustrating barn/ "sleeping porch" ...and I at times had a hard time being a "trooper" about the whole thing...so a bit anxious to find a pit of privacy....and quiet! :)

I awoke Scott who was mere minutes into his nap when I discovered a new house listing on High St., in Kennebunk.  A street we had admired during our search...the house fit all the criteria immediately:
In a neighborhood we loved, had a barn (!), old home w/ a lot of character, & a yard we could have our chickens, goats (if we chose), dogs (fenced in already!), & of course hawks & falcons.

No comments:

Post a Comment