Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A recipe for each day...

Careful what you "create"...
Another few posts, because our "following" doesn't seem to have had enough of Vanilla Farm.. & we've had some special requests for photos, I will indulge you all a bit more. (really!?)

For quite a few years, I have admired a 'saying' that Pottery Barn uses in some of its images.  It rarely shows the entire saying, and does not sell the item at all....I have for quite some time wanted to re-create it as mine.  We had some chalkboard paint left over from a task at the Scoop Deck, and so I painted the chalkboard part, and put Scott to work, using these awesome Chalk Ink markers that don't rub off like chalk, but do wash off w/ a wet rag...
I found the saying in its entirety fairly simply, by just entering into a Google search what I could make out from the latest image out of Pottery Barn.
Thank Goodness for Scott's skill, it's safe to say my penmanship is not quite so cool, and my patience not quite so long!!! :)






3 comments:

  1. THIS RULES!!!! Emily, can you please share the specific type/brand of chalk ink that you purchased, and where you got it? I've been wanting to create an Etsy listing (or 5) offering mini chalkboards w/calligraphy... but I've never tried it and am afraid.

    This is great!

    I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered it from this site: http://chalkink.com/ChalkInk.com/Homepage.html

    (Scott used it for a big project at the Deck & loved it...)it's held up well thru the season, only a girl w/ wet hair leaning against the sign has effected it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure if I want waterproof or non-waterproof... non-waterproof could end up costing me a lot if I biff...!!

    ReplyDelete