Sunday, October 24, 2010

It is JUST a mailbox!

Ah!  So much has been happening & I'm not blogging nearly enough!  Part of the issue has been pictures are everywhere & not anywhere close enough to my computer!  So this weekend my goal is to get the blog up to date!  So lots of updates coming w/in days!

 It was Monday (10/11), and Scott is off to Moose Hunting Camp in Jackman ME....my plan today is to achieve putting up a mailbox.  (simple enough eh? .... for the average non-type "A" person yes!)
Here's the mailbox story quoted from my "diary for Scott of  'While You Were Hunting' ": (those of you that know me well will find this absolutely typical & amusing!  The scary thing is there is SO many more decisions to come....& this was after all ONLY a mailbox! ha!

"Sunday 10/10 I went to Lowe’s and hung out admittedly in the mailbox aisle (which was why I went) for probably 25 minutes, debating!  I get this paralysis when I have to make decisions sometimes!  I want to do “the right thing” and put SO much pressure on myself about it!  Then budget comes into play and I get MORE mixed up!  I had 4 people ask if they could help me (I must have look disorientated!) lol! Finally this old Frenchman employee chatted w/me a bit, told me he took home 3 boxes before he and "the wife" decided on one! Yikes!  I wanted the pretty $70 one, (post not included!!!) but could just picture myself chasing the plow truck down the street screaming in my bathrobe as he hits it on the first storm!  So I finally settled on a box for $35 but could not settle on a post, so I went to Home Depot (across the st.).  At first I thought the post would just be wooden (the typical), but then I realized they have aluminum ones, that never rot….the less maintance the better was my thought!  Home Depot worked out, bought a black post for $40, used your Verizon rebate card at the self checkout.  By the time I got home, I was questioning the purchases, was a bronze box going to go w/ the black post? Oh dear God!! AHHH!"

I enlisted Dad's help with the installation of the mailbox, he taught me to use a post hole digger, which was cool & an old tool from our late family friend, Roland Junkins. We installed the mailbox post and box to perfection according to Kennebunk regulations and our type A personalities! It was fun but ridiculously time consuming!  I'm sure the neighbors had a good show! 

Ta Da!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment