Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fits & Starts....

The title to this post is how a friend of ours, Taylor, put it when I described that I felt like sometimes the project was moving quickly & sometimes, such as last week, I felt like nothing really happened.  Knowing all too well, this is the way it goes, it however feels slow & frustrating sometimes not to see "visual" progress.

However, this week we did get the kitchen layout confirmed, and sketched out onto the subfloor which is cool to see.  Found out 93" of cabinetry cannot fit in 90.5" of raw space in the pantry.
The guys completed the framing & the furnace is "almost" fixed....
We also found out that the concrete custom shower of our dreams would run us (sit down for this), $10,000 (that's with out fixtures too!) ha! So back to the drawing board on that one!

Tomorrow my favorite electrician, Steve, will be on site to rough in the electrical in the new space and prepare the old part of the house for electric updates as well!


Anxious to get paint on the walls & decorate the place.....or put myself to work someway, somehow!  (I know I'll be regretting this statement!)

We'll see what the week brings.....next year today we will be handing out Trick-or-Treat to goobs & goblins at 64 High St...yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment