Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Emily's Book Review... (somehow it doesn't have the aura Oprah's book list does-lol!



For whatever reason...well now that I think of it, I guess 'cause I'm finally feeling the home renovation stress, the memory of this book popped into my mind from somewhere very far away.

Anyone wanting a good read....or maybe a gift idea for someone who would appreciate...this was an awesome read, I heard an interview with the author a few years ago on NPR's Diane Rehm Show & immediately borrowed the book from the library & read it... it's funny & real & anyone into houses, renovations or perhaps just slightly crazy will enjoy it! :) (the elderly lady that lived in the house previously) even came with his house house! .....at least we didn't get any residents with our purchase!

All the Way Home by David Giffels

After mocking the Oprah list...I was just checking out David's website & giggled to myself when I discovered this review:
“A fantastic summer read. . . . Giffels recounts his battle -- against rodents, unbridled wisteria, and other unpleasant surprises -- to make a decrepit Gatsby-esque mansion livable.”
        — O, the Oprah Magazine, at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment