Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rules.

So the project is going much slower than most of us wish, but we are at the mercy of many people, and many factors, and the answer to the forever asked question, "when do you guys think you'll be in the house?" has now become, "when it's done." It reminds me of the question asked to every prego lady that always makes me smirk & laugh a silent giggle, "Do you know what you are you having?" ...the pregnant person likely never answers the question the way they'd like to... "A BABY!!"



Last week by Wed., I was feeling extremely overwhelmed....this likely began with Scott making me go to Newington the day before Turkey Day when crowds were already lurking behind every retail fixture & the parking lots were packed.  We were on a mission, so we went to retail hell, but apparently, unbeknown to us everyone else had the day off & was shopping the pre-Black Friday sales!  Anyways, money is getting tighter, the project is going slow, time is a ticking away, day dreaming time is over, decisions have to be made regularly.....& I'm stressing over it all! 
So I sat down & made a list of new "house rules" for me to follow....I would imagine most folks going thru a renovation (@ least one's that have spent some considerable time in therapy) at one time or another make a physical or mental list alike to mine....I've decided I'll share 1 here and there....
Rule #1 (yes, all of you that know me will laugh out loud that this is rule #1 & is more than appropriate for me!
1. Everything in the house does not need to be "perfect".

No comments:

Post a Comment