Tuesday, January 4, 2011

another day, & more accomplished!

Today Scott finally got to get into the previously mentioned accent wall....
Chalked design on wall...ready for paint- after lunch!! (can't have a hungry artist!)


& off he goes...



I am blessed to have such talent at hand, I couldn't have measured this out, never mind had the patience & steady hand that Scott has to paint this wall!


Losing daylight, & another coat of Tung Oil needs to go on kitchen floor...the "accent wall" will have to wait till tomorrow!  It looks awesome- & we both are very excited about it!

 
Third coat of finish- one to go!  I know Scott will be thrilled to not have to do this anymore!  However he won't be able to look like Darth Vader with his respirator on anymore!

So what was I doing while Scott was "accent walling"....(reading a book with my feet up, nah just kidding!)...There are very few walls in the old part of the house that can be painted at this time, as they were almost all skim coated with plaster, and now need to "set up" for 30 days before primer or paint...so I took advantage of the few walls downstairs that were not new plaster (due to amazingly being in excellent shape) and I primed them...color tomorrow!


before priming...


after priming, and no the nasty blue trim paint is NOT staying! yuck!  there is something oh so nice about clean white walls, the primer I used is BM Fresh Start....& that's exactly what this all is- goodbye 30 year old wallpaper, hello beautiful, clean paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment