Monday, January 3, 2011

The difference a day makes

Just 2 days ago I was crying & frustrated, "it" had gotten the best of me.
The mess...would it ever be a "home"
Would we ever really live there?!
Time was ticking....I couldn't clean, paint, everything was beyond my "control" I couldn't do a thing it seemed only 2 days ago.

Yesterday felt a bit better as we got the first coat of Tung Oil on the kitchen floor.....then today such a great surprise the Up-Country crew was there- I didn't realize they would be on site today!

We got 2 new bathroom floors!  I also painted the bathroom walls to prep for accent wall (Tomorrow), and we also started the prep for painting of the old trim today with sanding & a coat of Kilz primer!  The woodwork in the old part of the home is gorgeous & I can't wait to freshen it up & show it off!!


downstairs bath before flooring....



downstairs bath flooring going down!  It's SO beautiful!!! So much grain showing- we love it! Matt's butt is cute too!


close up!

The accent wall begins...."Yellow Magnolia" Stay tuned for design to begin tomorrow!


I'm not sure what's more distressing the fact we ACTUALLY got primer on these- or the fact that I believe these WERE white I at one time! yikes! :)

My new adorable nephew, Remy, paid us a visit!  He left with white paint on his face & drywall dust all over his fur!  He looked more gray than black!  Hope the house is cleaner next time for you Remy!


Yes, we all had a good laugh behind my back- my arse was a wee bit dirty...a Skoogs reminder, thanks!  Um...did you sit on a dirty milk crate?! ha ha!


The finished floor downstairs bath- I'm seriously considering those white operating room booties! Footprints- everywhere!!!

The upstairs bath flooring going in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment