Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A better day today....

Yay!  A productive day!  I got the living room ceiling primed & 1 coat of paint, thanks Pete for the tips...! You keep telling me you love painting but never pick up a brush!? :)
It's funny the plaster on the ceiling looked white till I primed it!






Pete installed the pantry countertops....WOW! Do they look gorgeous!  He will finish secure them & finish the last coat in place....they make the cabinets look awesome...I had caught myself questioning my choice when the cabinets first arrived 2 weeks ago, then the hardware went on, and they got better....and now with the tops- boom! they look awesome...!  I will admit I truly wanted "inset" doors, however this feature added $20,000 to our cabinet budget....after today, I KNOW we didn't need to spend that- just needed Pete Spadone talent & reclaimed southern pine!




both pics of our right side of butler's pantry....(um, when is the "butler" showing up?) :) I CANNOT wait to see our Fiesta Ware dishes in this plate rack, well that's if I can get them in there before Scott gets pigeons in this look a lot like pigeon loft!







left side of pantry with open shelving & our wine fridge...wine rack to be built by Scott above fridge....(likely w/ Pete & Theron's guidance! :)!! )


We set our tub into place, in preperation for plumbers tomorrow (cross your fingers!) oh my!! This pic says it all- wow!



& yes Jodie, Scott was "put to work" again today! :) I bought him a "present"....a great scaper...and off he went!  Such simple things....lol! (this pic was actually prior to his gift)....


as you can see in this pic, the plaster is taking its time drying, I am sure in part to cold temps...the plaster has to turn a lovely white before its painting time, so you will see me jumping here & there painting due to drying/setting being ready in different areas.

























1 comment:

  1. Countertops look awesome! That Spadone does some not-too-shabby work. :)

    ReplyDelete