Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The barn gets a facelift!

The barn began its transformation today....after a couple days of pressure washing, scraping and sanding I believe the doors and trim were ready for primer and some color....taking advantage of the warm mid day temps, I hurriedly got some painting done.  We are anxious to have at least the front of the barn done, to compliment the rest of the almost complete siding! :)  We are also being rushed by the non-paint comprehending folks at the lending institution which we are attempting to refinance with! (don't let me get into it please for all our sanity!)

I used an interesting product I read a bit about for a primer, seemed to have many excellent reviews...like anything good, not cheap...but hopefully long lasting! XIM Peel Bond, the stuff looks and goes on like paste, and is clear...a bizarre animal...but seemed to set up well & quickly which was key w/ temps....I got it mostly for the barn door, but there are some other areas we'll put it to use on...

The barn to start...July 2010

Starting today...actually 1 coat of primer is on door, but because its clear, you cannot see it....




 Scott, the barn, not my butt is what I asked you to take a picture of!

 I know it looks turquoise, (which ironically matches the chicken coop!) but when complete (2-3 more coats) it will be dark navy blue, California Paint's "C2 Moby Dick"...note the trim is painted around the doors now, and the left side corner board...tomorrow calls for mid 40's again...painting here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment