Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A dedication to Sarah....

My sister Sarah surprised us with a fabulous gift a few weeks ago!  She presented it to me a most confusing fashion however...."We bought you a gift, but as I was getting ready to come see you I had the realization , I'm not sure you need it at all!"   My thought, at that point was there is nothing we cannot use/need....what in the world could it be...?!

I opened the gift and immediately began squealing, as few things actually make me do!  It was this fabulous envelope shaped mailbox!  Which I actually had been eyeing and daydreaming about in Pottery Barn catalog!  Now, Sarah's hesitation was correct, as she recalled we had installed a mailbox at the road, which was required by our mail delivery person, as I believe they are slowly changing over all homes as sold to roadside delivery (too bad, something so charming about a walking post person)...but I had also loved the look of having a box on the house, and found it nice if someone needed to leave us something or vice versa ....so had been eyeing this type of thing as a long off desire to put one back on the house....




YAY!  Great gift Sarah (& Sam)! We love it!  After much deliberation between Randy, Scott & I about just "where" the mailbox should live...we finally all concluded...."Randy, could you hold it there one more time, so I can walk out to the road and look at it"- lol!




Please feel free to deposit checks and gifts of any type in this box.....lol!

I was also inspired by Sarah & Sam's house number sign...I have been admiring it for quite some time now, and decided to attempt to craft one ourselves.  Sam's Dad made theirs, and I thought we could give it a whirl too.... we bought some fairly inexpensive numbers at the hardware store that are projected, and mounted them to a piece of wood that we might have found at Pete's shop :) after sealing it w/ some spar varnish Scott had hanging around from his fly fishing rod making "stuff"....
I think it was a success, (I have to admit, I came with the idea & sealed the wood....Scott was responsible for the rest!), I think it has a Craftsman kind of look, which I'm a huge fan of...
"Randy, can you move it up one more clapboard and over an inch, then let me walk out to the road & see if that looks better...." (what the neighbors must think of us...really!?)




Ta da.....

Mailbox & "64"... (don't look at the horrible trim paint!  It's next on the list after the barn!)

 A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.  ~Marion C. Garretty


1 comment:

  1. Totally in love with that letter-shaped mailbox. Sisters are rad.
    :)

    ReplyDelete