Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Coromandel Coast

We toured up the Coramandel Coast yesterday, such winding, narrow roads & we're driving on the left side of the road- holy smokes!!! I've let out more than a few yelps to be honest!!
Beautiful though, just stunningly gorgeous!!




This picture does no justice to it!!
We settled in at Waikawau Bay Camp reserve. A neat grassy area ( paddocks) bordering a desolate beach which we made every attempt to harvest muscles from for dinner...with no luck! We'll try again...
I made my first attempt to hold a sheep last night ( as they are across the way on campground property- they rotate the herd of sheep from paddock to paddock to trim the fields!!! :) anyways- of course they all ran away the minute we came slight close!! Holding a sheep is going to be harder than I expected!

Went shopping a bit- Scott was tempted, but knew it was premature...



A.M. Wed (NZ) He is now hard at work making me "creamy porridge" to go w/ my morning camp coffee!! Life is good!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Seddon St,Waihi,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment