Friday, March 23, 2012

Napier-Art Deco

This city suffered NZ's worst natural disaster in 1931, a deadly earthquake ruining almost the entire city's buildings. It therefore was rebuilt in the 30-40's during the Art Deco period... Not my fav style- but a really cool look to the entire city!! Architecture you can really admire!!
















Scott makes friends easily:






& for my ladies who also enjoy French country style, this city had 2 fab shops FULL of delicious shabby chic!!





& Lesley even here in NZ I found you some letter press to drool over :



Of course logistics keep me from too much shopping & I'm not kidding about JUST how much everything costs!!



Yes, this is $3.40 & a normal 12 oz.. A cup of coffee is $5!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Lepper Road Upper,Egmont Village,New Zealand

2 comments:

  1. OK, I just noticed your post on FB and remembered that you said you'd be blogging over here while in NZ. I am dumb/forgetful! But so glad that you reminded me (indirectly), and SOOOOO happy to see more pics, particularly ones involving Scotty copping a feel of some bronze statue chicks, and you going to town in awesome vintage stores!!!!

    Please tell me you bought the "E" hanging on the wall in the French country store???? And, though I know it's unnecessary to say, I am drooling over the letterpress type. :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you caught on.. Was hoping you were reading, but actually started to doubt it just around yesterday as you are one of few out of our followers who typically does make comments on our blog...
    No "E" purchased, 'cause I have a cool one already at #64!! :)

    ReplyDelete