Friday, March 23, 2012

A hole in the bucket (list)

Friday pm (NZ)
there is something so pleasurable about a warm shower... Even if it is only 4min long.. ( well maybe I snuck an xtra 50 cents in w/ me...) :)
So tonight here we are in Napier, at a " holiday park" I bargained a bit & got $2 off our rate- well worth it now that we've showered! :)


Scott preparing us a delish "gourmet camp meal" ( chkn stir fry over rice)




To get caught up...
Wed am left Powely's home near Rotorua, & headed to Taupo (Lake)...
For me Taupo was a much sought after destination for this trip, (cover your eyes Mom & Deb)... I was determined to bungy jump... it's been on the bucket list for some time, & its a huge tourist activity in NZ. Taupo has the longest free fall over the water, (+150') off a platform over the Waikato river so I had planned to do it there.



I had a creeping worry in the back of my head that my not so fabulous right shoulder that is famed for dislocation 10+ times now could be a potential issue. Sure enough, we arrive it's misting ) not the amazing sunny day id pictured... & I read the medical list... Heart conditions: nope, pregnancy: Dear God- NO!, prior dislocations...uh oh... So I notify & ask what the deal is.. I'm informed my arm will be strapped to my body to secure my shoulder & ensure when the guys at the bottom pull me into the boat they know not to use my right arm to help me. Then he compounds it & says "if" it dislocates, they have to call the smbence & have to go hospital... I'd be lying if I didn't admit 1st off claustrophobia kicked in, my legs are tied together, one arm strapped to body & jumping over/into a bit of water...2nd a hospital visit is not on the vaca itinerary.... So I got a bit cranky & decided not to take the chance. Scott decided to then tell me he was quite relieved. ( ok boy that skydives!!)
Onward ... We stop at Huka Falls, part of the Waikto river...it's a huge tourist spot & crazy intense. The sound of the water is fierce & we both felt a bit of sick in the belly by the pure power.
Here are pics to try to convey it, it is a gorgeous blue even on this misty day...






Not sure you can read this, but says 200,000 liters of h2o flow over rock face every SECOND- that's enough to fill FIVE olympic swimming pools every single minute!!!!!


Oh yeah, & a dangerous undertow!!!!! Ya think?!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Lepper Road Upper,Egmont Village,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment