Tuesday, November 2, 2010

& a bit more to report....


If I could get away with having a piece of plywood and 2 sawhorses (or these concrete blocks may work!) &be my bath vanity for upstairs bath, I would.  I am SO sick of looking at vanities, and finding NOTHING of quality that I'm crazy about, the only few I have liked are $3-4,000...ITS A VANITY PEOPLE!  My ENTIRE kitchen cabinets barely cost that much!  & I LIKE THEM!

Setting that nasty subject aside, I did get to work w/ Devoe Floor to Ceiling Center in Biddeford again today, and continue to be very pleased with their service.  They are likely going to create our custom tile shower and do our flooring for our 2 bathrooms.  Can't say enough nice things about them or my experience, top notch!  Looks like we can have a shower after all, & work w/ a great local, family run business!

I am going to check out cork flooring when I visit them again next week as I am just not sure I can stomach purchasing & using sheet vinyl....it's so damn ugly. 

I do want to announce, although completely unrelated to the house (although these are future residents of 64 High St), that 1 of our hens has laid a total of 4 (small cream colored) beautiful eggs this week!  She doesn't seem to get that she is suppose to do this in the nesting box, so its a bit of an "egg hunt" thru the coop & today I found one outside in their run!  Hopefully she'll figure it out & not go setting a bad example for the rest of the girls! 

We believe this is the ovulating one, Lady Madonna. Nice work little lady!


3 comments:

  1. You should explore the antique shops for dressers and such that would make suitable conversions for a vanity. I'm sure a quick google search could get you started as far as ideas. Unless you already have a "vision" of what you would like.

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, I actually did find a pre-made vanity I liked w/ countertop & sink for under $800 that looked like a dresser...but it was 36" & we need & would like 48".

    We have now completed the rough plumbing in that bath and the plumbers have instructed me I need to pick a vanity at this point w/ doors somewhere to access plumbing...love the suggestion though- I've seen it done & it can be quite affordable and beautiful....
    Could be a last resort if we can convince the plumbers and find a dresser thats the right size as we are limited to 21" deep as well.

    Thanks! :) (Scott told me who you were, thought you were strangers reading our blog-(which is fine)! But now I know....many a funny story Scott has shared w/ me about Darren & the BSF days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully nothing too embarrassing. I have been enjoying the blog and checking for updates regularly. Not sure if Scott mentioned it or not but we will hopefully be in Maine sometime in January. The plan is for me to get out hunting with Scott while my wife is visiting with friends in Eliot. Hopefully we get to meet and I get to see the progress in person.

    Cheers,
    Darren

    ReplyDelete