Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself. -William Shakespeare

So, yesterday afternoon I had the unpleasant experience of ranting & raving (without losing my cool too much) at the heating/furnace folks.  Since this blog is suppose to document the ENTIRE experience of remodeling a house I thought I'd share this side too, without getting into all the details,  it was the typical quote a price, get the bill, whole new price on bill...shock, frustration & anger kicks in....  Had a 20 min convo in person at office which I tried to behave and then got home & emailed in detail a chronological experience from June to current day with this company (which included 3 techs & SO many phone calls!) our billing & experience was discussed with owners.  The result was the situation was righted to an agreeable amount today....ahhh...I can stop ranting about that! (not always fun this experience!!!) :)

So today sheetrock was going to hit the walls....HOLD IT!  Another inspection is needed first!? Are ya kidding me???? DO you care if my house is warm or not?  IT WASN'T before I tore it off!!!  I'm going to give it to them it is a "fire safety" thing....AHHH!
So, because we overlooked this in the gazillion things my father is trying to juggle, we have to wait till Wed am. then sheetrock to follow tomorrow is the plan.

Matt (my brother) went over to get the heat going....we got the okay from the furnace company, (had to call this am. after I ranted at them last night...yikes, thank God I DIDN'T yell!)  they said we had the go ahead...Matt came over to do a couple things, and went to turn system on, realized quickly the water came into system but was not connected leaving the system to flow thru house! OH NO!  Plumber is called and will try to come Wed to get this going! (oh that furnace - what a headache its been!)

We DID get our bath vanity for upstairs bath today, after much deliberation as you all read in my past posts, we made a decision to buy one from CA online, yes made with quality as it was made in China...(what ISN'T!?) It arrived today, between 12-3 (why do they give you a "window" do they EVER come at the beginning of the window, lol!?) We love it, the guy that delivered it was funny, he was telling us, "this is gorgeous" (there was a pic on the outside of box), "is this marble or granite?" it's travertine! He was cute, and at least we knew it was a hit from the start!  We are pleased with as much as we dared uncover & peek at!


Come on, Come on Scott get it OPEN! I can't wait to see it!!!


We carefully unpacked it and got some weight off it, we need to bring it to the house still so kept most packaging on, but had to have a peek!


Pretty travertine top! 

close up!

Um....does anyone want to come help pick out paint colors-they all look the same & my eyes are now crossed!?  Yes, the wine makes it easier to pick colors, (certainly makes me braver)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment