Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Is there such thing as TOO MANY choices? I think SO!

Progress was made today on the home front, I often just look and look and look and debate and cannot make a decision, but today I actually did!

I chose our tile for backsplash behind range, (the island backsplash (because it's bi-level it has about a foot high backsplash) will be a random solid mix of these colors, no backsplash in rest of kitchen):

I chose & ordered our "bin pulls":


Can you believe we need 35 of these! Deal on ebay, hopefully they are as good as they say they are....come w/ a lifetime warranty!

Ordered our kitchen knobs, to be set in oil rubbed bronze to jive with the pulls from a cool seller, Aimee's Rock Works, on yes, my fav, Etsy!  She is giving us a deal 'cause we're ordering 20 of these guys...this will set us up for kitchen & pantry.

Here's the pics she has put together for the 20 rock knobs she'll make us- we both love that they are so unique and organic, all different!  The first pic is just the idea of what they'll look like, the second pic is the 20 stones she has actually selected for our custom order of knobs, we're shooting for darker rocks to go with the oil rubbe.



  I'm in full debate on which of these 2 lights to use on the outside of our new kitchen entry door:
Here's this one, the "South Street Outdoor Wall Lantern" obviously vintage- big surprise! 
This is the other one: "Circa 1910 Outdoor Wall Lantern" another vintage one, a bit less expensive...both made of hand forged cast iron- cool!

I'm going to wait and see if by chance the company selling them has a great Black Friday Sale....worth a shot!


It'll go to the right of this door (into kitchen), which we imagine to be our main entry door.


3 comments:

  1. I like both, but lean strongly toward the first lamp...
    Amazing all you have accomplished... and how much there is to do!!!
    What will you do with all that energy when this all done?
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging that backsplash tile. It actually reminds me of some tile that I saw/photographed in Peru. I'll email Scotty a pic of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one best! You are doing such an awesome job! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete