Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My dreary day has been lit up!!!

After passing an antique store in North Berwick & patiently waiting to see it be open, I finally got lucky tonight on the way home from work.  I had spied they had some old lights/lamps in the window, and I thought just by chance they may have some milk glass shades ....oh did they ever!!!!

I found quite a few milk glass shades....two that just had to go home with me, and that fulfilled my ceiling fixture quota for the new space!  One that is hand painted (I believe) with green lines, the perfect compliment to our kitchen wall color....



and I also found one with an original white porcelain base & a beautiful white milk glass shade, the kind gentleman rewired it while I waited & sold them to me for a song!  $45 for the complete shade & fixture & $25 for the white/green shade!!! I've been checking these out everywhere on the net, including ebay....& this was a deal- no shipping charge needed!!!



The last few days we have been busy "harvesting" rocks for our shower floor...we have okay'd it w/ the tile installer to have Scott mortar & lay the rocks on the floor, then the installer will grout, seal & finish shower floor.  We figure we have about 12 SF out of about 30SF we need...but we're on our way!  This is a nice way to save some cash, and put Scott's artistic skills to work....as well as incorporate some special places (harvesting areas) into our home!
They definitely look really great "wet" when we have been harvesting them....but a bit different when dry- I guess the obvious advantage here is that when someone is admiring them- they'll be just that, wet!



No comments:

Post a Comment