Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Pink, It's Fluffy....& It'll make you really itchy!

I learned this the hard way, I remember being young and playing in my parents' attic one time where there was this great fluffy pink stuff (insulation) exposed....I didn't know any better & touched it & played with it, ran it thru my fingers it was like a big puffy cloud, Oh boy, was I sorry!

Luckily today, I knew enough to just admire the pink stuff!  The new addition is "almost" completely insulated and after another inspection today, we shall see some sheetrock hit the walls!  We anticipate a huge "change" over this week as the house is really starting to take shape & really look different! yay!

Today the furnace will be fired on and heat will be set to warm the house up for the first time.  This is in preperation for mud on sheetrock, resuming the skim coating of plaster to the walls & ceiling in old part of house,  and eventually paint! 

I woke this morning around 3 which has become my new unwelcomed routine to toss and turn and contemplate tile colors, faucets and flooring....boy I wish I could wake with sugar plums dancing in my head instead....maybe once it's December! ha!

Kitchen ceiling


kitchen


kitchen & door into barn


No comments:

Post a Comment