Monday, February 14, 2011

2-14-11

2 things I have been anxious for...a threshold between old & new (where the addition connects) and the window in the living room to be completed (we added a second window on the back wall to add more light during the addition build out.)  Up-Country's Jeff made these things happen, well...close to- the threshold after 3 tries was perfect! Yay! No more draft from the basement blowing thru!  & the correct window was set in place & leveled ready to be framed tomorrow!  Thank goodness for the warm weather to allow us to get this done- perfectly timed!


There has been a "temporary" window set in place for the last 4 months letting quite a draft in all around the edges, I was quite excited to see...today the real window went in! Here's a pic of old out, new not quite in!  Wouldn't have wanted to do this on a 0 degree day!



Hi Jeff!....Now get back to work! We're not heating the outdoors!!!


window in place...trim to come tomorrow!




Scott was busy scraping...AGAIN!  It's amazing how filthy the stairs look now that all is painted surrounding it! (they have been washed- a number of times!!)


I've been caught painting!  What a surprise!!!

You may notice, the front entry shown above is a new color....I had begun painting this front entry as planned last week to match the side entry, Tahini, which is a yellow of sorts...however, after having about half complete I realized it was not the "right" color, it competed with the living room color, which we loved, and was just too much "color"!  My folks and Aunt Denise came over Sunday & had a picnic in the office with me, they helped me narrow down my choices for the new color...we unanimously chose "Hazy skies" by Ben Moore....it is amazing- perfect choice!  Thanks to the "picnic gang" the entry is now just the right color, and compliments the surrounding rooms!  (this is a "griege" as I call it- gray/beige)


before color...I'll add more after pics of finished color-soon!   Look to the left in this pic...in person the two colors were competing....and this yellow did nothing for the front door...

Yes, I sent Scott out to take advantage of the warm weather we had....40 I think today!  He managed to uncover our mailbox a bit more...I'm sure the kind mail lady will appreciate it!





Happy Valentine's Day 

Since it is indeed Valentine's Day, (a ridiculous day in my opinion)...however....I wanted to honor our chicken, Valentine, who Scott gave me a promise of last Valentine's Day...she is a Buff Orpington....& has the cutest butt in town! Here she is below today almost a year old now! (btw- no egg today from Valentine on Valentine's Day! WHAT!?)


Valentine is featured here...in the back.
This is our coop & run in the back....where our 7 chickens live (6 ladies...1 rooster!) Scott built this for me as part of V-Day promised gift last year as well!

xoxoxo 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Emily and Scotty!!!
    :)

    Such an amazing year for you two...

    ReplyDelete