Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I have just remembered my absolute favorite part about winter. It ends."

So we had to stay home ALL DAY due to the snow.  I had Scott convinced around 9 am that we could go just till noon & work on the house, then come home & be safe....(it took some convincing.) He mostly gave in 'cause he knew I'd behave horribly being stuck in the house all day!  I went out to clean off the car (this was my duty I thought since he gave in & compromised)....I went outside, looked around, listened & realized there WAS a reason every school was closed & no one else was on the road, I came back in the house silently defeated.

By 4pm I'd had enough, Scott had had his fill of my restlessness & a bit of his own, the snow had let up, and our plow guy  at #6 had just come....we ventured to Kennebunk.  We had arranged to have a local gent plow for us today, as we are "cross our fingers" praying the plumbers might make an appearance tomorrow & not knowing if Matt will be there tomorrow...however we needed to check the house, & get the walks & mailbox shoveled out.  & there was another task I secretly wanted to accomplish...

A few days ago I decided every "real homeowner" owns a roof rake!  (never had a use for one before in an A-Frame-lol!) So I asked when at Lowe's (on my bi-weekly trip)...(I have been frequenting the local Ace store too---quite a bit, ie. daily!) anyways- I asked if they had any....reply, "they are on the pallet by the front door, while they last!  Can't keep 'em in stock!" Oh my...now I really gotta have one!  Like an air conditioner in a heat wave, this is a must have, I felt the adrenaline rising! 
Putting this item together proved to be more challenging than using it- Thank God!  It took 2 of us and all the patience we had (I'm serious!), all for 1 dang bolt!  After we got past that 1 bolt, things moved smoothly & we were like kids with a new toy!  We had 2 roof issues we were worried about, and got them cleared off fairly quickly as best we can w/out hip waders!



Puppy news!!! We got new pics today of our little lady Frannie (not sure which one she is...) The pups are now 1 day shy of 3 weeks old!  To quote Wendy their now Mom, "they have graduated to the big swimming pool and are trying dog food." & (about the pics...) "Don't worry they are really quite cute, it's just the weird angle!" -we're sure & can't wait to meet the little lady!


feeding time at the zoo! Can you even IMAGINE?!


It sure does look like they haven't quite grown into their noses yet!


"it's so hard to keep my eyes open...all this growing I'm doing is hard work!!"

Are you Frannie?


I was reminded today when reading a favorite blog of mine, An Apple A Day, the best thing about winter...
"I have just remembered my absolute favorite part about winter.  It ends."

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing a lot of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment