Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Come on up....

Beginning to think of the stairs & what to do....so many options....
In the long run, we will likely purchase a oriental runner and have it installed on the stairs to soften the noise & give some traction....but until the housepoor feeling lightens- paint will have to do!




July 2010- Before renovation.



Feb 2011- getting there.... I really miss that wall paper! :)-
 
This is actually dark navy blue, I like the actual real distress of these stairs...I picture ours will show some wear before long with new puppy feet!  The simplicity of this without a border at all is nice as well.


This was our original pic, which I still like...


I love the simplicity of this and how it draws your eye up.  The colors could work well also for us, I picture the outline to be deep, deep green and not black...

Also love the look of these numbers stenciled..and if you got sick of them...paint over 'em! easy change up!!

I can assure you we will not be painting them like this! Can you IMAGINE navigating your way down these stairs after 1 too many glasses of red wine!?  Or in the early a.m. hours, eyes half open!  oy!



1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. I *really* like those numbered stairs... and, like you said, it would be so incredibly easy to paint over the numbers if/when you tire of them. Awesome. I also really like the classic look of the plain navy blue and the stairs that were your "original pic" with the yellow outlining the blue. Right when I saw that pic, I was thinking that it might also be really nice if, instead of the blue, you had the yellow from your living room in thin stripes on either side of that dark gray-blue from your dining room? But maybe that's too matchy-matchy?

    I've seen a flurry of painted and carpeted stairway images lately on various blogs, particularly stairs with really vibrantly striped carpets. They look so cool and 'happy,' but I feel like you'd have to have a relatively muted house (in terms of painted walls/decor, I mean) to pull off such a statement, you know? Otherwise it would compete and be kind of awkward... Still, they look cool. :)

    Can't wait to see you guys (and the house) again!

    ReplyDelete