Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheers!

A toast to painting the LAST ceiling today! YAY!!!!!!



This is the library floor before paint....as you can see, I'm just putting on the first stroke of Dark Walnut Behr floor paint.








You may notice I was tiring of the paparazzi by the end of this series!  Enough Scott- go find something useful to do!!!
The floor color looks great, and Scott's Christmas gift (leather chair) is going to be placed in his library tomorrow!
Big excitement!




This is the guest room...(or will be), this room proved to be one of the largest "plaster/painting" challenges for me.  I had to wash the entire ceiling with a sponge & water/vinegar mix, the entire ceiling was the white, chalky plaster I have mentioned before....  Finally, I got a coat of plaster on the walls & entire ceiling, as shown here.




The color is "Chinchilla" by MS, it's a gray with a bit of lavender (Dad, its NOT purple!) in the right light, really nice, and looks great with the white woodwork, a good calm color for our guests!
(Lesley, your room is ALMOST ready for you!) :)





Guest Room- August 2010


****************************************


Scott was busy most of the day hanging art, our medicine cabinet & our cool coat rack that we made months back!  Hanging art is likely one of the last things a homeowner does, unless you're the artist of most of the work! :) I think we also have been SO, SO anxious to make the place feel "done" these details help!

I am SO close to done painting- it's amazing!  Touch ups & 2 closets left- hallelujah!

I finished the last 2 ceilings & half the dining ceiling yesterday & today- DONE! 
The house looks cool, especially with our "stuff" showing up more & more...feels like ours a bit more everyday!



1 comment:

  1. The house looks great!! Everyone has done such a wonderful job! Can you come do mine now? Hahah. I must have missed it somewhere, but why was it named "Vanilla Farm?"

    ReplyDelete