Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A "home" it may just be!

I just want to tell you all (whom you are many!) that you keep me writing & keep me motivated to keep this blog up!  At first I just started this to tell everyone who is far away what we were up to, but this blog has kind of taken on a life of its own, I have quite a few readers (although only 6 show as "followers").  When I have had days of wanting to stick my head under the couch cushion I have found a way to be productive & find a postive spin on the progress of the house...so I could "blog about it" and days like today when SO much is accomplished, it is a blast to be able to share it with everyone who has been following along...thanks for being out there & finding this all somewhat entertaining! :)

Short story, I was at Hannaford, as Scott's mom calls it, "Can't-afford" which is true in Wells.. lol!!! this gent behind me in line made a comment that I should put my basket down "because it looks heavy"...(2 2L bottles of seltzer, laundry detergent & 1/2G of milk...could I have found anything heavier-ha!)... "although I can see you can handle hard work, looking at the paint on you" (DAD- these were even my NEWEST work pants!) (my paint pants have started to be a conversation piece w/strange men in stores & parking lots)...the gentleman went on to tell me he had been replacing 6 ceilings over the winter in a 180yr old Georgian Mansion, also all his old electric wiring....he then says, "It'll all be worth it, if I live to see it!"  This all made me think of how happy I am to have this blog & my followers to vent to...this man was obviously hard up to tell someone how dang hard he'd been working-it was really cute, pathetic & understandable! LOL!





what are these two looking for?


Get set.....Ready? ......Sure? .....Here it Comes.......TA DA!






Lets refresh, just in case you "miss it":
July 2010


Upstairs progress continued, Scott's library (exluding floor painting) is complete! 2 days ago this had not even been touched- quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself!







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!!! You are doing magical things and what a great way to start your lives together. I'm SMILING from ear to ear!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete